Real housewives, day 10 - SAHM failure #1, a conversation with the Principal, Mr. Sullivan.
Principal Sullivan: "Oh, Mrs. Smith. Where's Jackson?"
Me: "He's already up in his classroom!"
PS: "I see. Are there problems at home we should be aware of?"
Me: "Err, not that I'm aware of... why?"
PS: "Well, Jackson's teacher tells me he's frequently late to school. Virtually every day.."
Me: "He's never been late! Don't get me wrong, I cut it close sometimes, but he's always in his classroom by 9!"
PS: "Well there's the problem. Class starts at 8:45..."
Me: "Oh. Noted."
Since wrapping up work a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I can support relaxing our morning routine a bit by letting Jack have some extra snuggle time and driving him to school rather than having him ride the bus. And, as you can imagine, I have operated with the understanding that school started at 9. I thought that there was some sort of "wavy time" between 8:45 and 9, when the kids got in and started settling in. Huh, I guess not...
Principal Sullivan: "Oh, Mrs. Smith. Where's Jackson?"
Me: "He's already up in his classroom!"
PS: "I see. Are there problems at home we should be aware of?"
Me: "Err, not that I'm aware of... why?"
PS: "Well, Jackson's teacher tells me he's frequently late to school. Virtually every day.."
Me: "He's never been late! Don't get me wrong, I cut it close sometimes, but he's always in his classroom by 9!"
PS: "Well there's the problem. Class starts at 8:45..."
Me: "Oh. Noted."
Since wrapping up work a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I can support relaxing our morning routine a bit by letting Jack have some extra snuggle time and driving him to school rather than having him ride the bus. And, as you can imagine, I have operated with the understanding that school started at 9. I thought that there was some sort of "wavy time" between 8:45 and 9, when the kids got in and started settling in. Huh, I guess not...
No comments:
Post a Comment