We've long been in this strange place of not wanting to refer to Jack's place of care while we're at work as a "school" because it's not really a school. It's also, however, not a "daycare" because there are learning goals and curriculum, etc., But today that all ends. Today, Jack is officially in school. He is, for good or for bad, a preschooler.
I thought this may be a tough transition for the little man. We talked a lot about it, discussed that he'd cycle through different areas of the classroom, his circle time would be a little bit longer, he would be leaving Heather, his favorite teacher, as well as some of his friends. He seemed to take it all in stride. We've tried the preschool room out a couple of times over the last couple of weeks, he seemed to enjoy it. So today was the big day - the true transition - no turning back now. And off he went, showing me his new cubby, putting away his lunch, grabbing his teddy bear and heading to the story corner. I was glad there was a back door so that I could quietly slip out and he wouldn't see the tears pooling up in my eyes, about to spill over. I guess I wasn't prepared for how tough this particular transition would be for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment