Typical Jack

Typical Jack

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas to YOU Mommy

There's something magical about your child understanding Christmas for the first time. Now, when I say understanding Christmas I don't mean the whole Christ and manger and wise men and Jesus thing; I mean the whole being naughty or nice, Santa and believing thing. Magical I'll tell you. This was Jack's year. He understood, for the most part, that Santa was going to pay attention to whether he was a good boy or a bad boy. Now, there's comedy in that because on several occasions I'd say things like "how was your day?" and Jack would reply "I was a good boy today. Santa likes good boys." Me: "That's great, but Jack, Mommy and Daddy likes good boys too! You should be good because Mommy and Daddy like it when your good." Jack: "Um, Mommy, I good cause Santa likes good boys." Well alrighty then! 


Which leads me to this post.. There's nothing like looking into your son's eyes and saying "Merry Christmas, Jack" and having him reply, "Merry Christmas to you, Mommy" with more sincerity than I thought possible from a 2 (almost 3) year old. Maybe it's because he was trying to be good for Santa, maybe it's because the season of magic is affecting him, maybe it's because he's the best kid ever... or maybe, just maybe, it's because we're doing an ok job. 





No comments:

Post a Comment