Typical Jack

Typical Jack

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mommy, you so bootiful

"Mommy, you're so bootiful." I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that these are words that melt just about any mother's heart. And they melted my heart too.  Until I realized that my child, my amazing little Jack, was not talking about me. He was pointing to an advert in a magazine. Now, it still seems incredibly flattering - he has mistaken me, his kind of plain-Jane Mommy for a model. I was so curious to turn the magazine right-side up to see who he had confused me with. I could see that it was a Cover Girl ad, was it Drew Barrymore? Taylor whats-her-name? Maybe even Ellen if I chopped my hair or was wearing it back? Maybe? Nope. Don't get me wrong, the woman he confused me with was amazingly gorgeous, I was incredibly flattered, I just hope that Jack is never asked to pick me out of a crowd or describe me to a police officer if he's ever lost...
I mean, we're definitely like twins separated at birth, right?  I see the similarity.. we both have two eyes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment